A wheelchair friendly walk around the headlands rocky red layered cliffs, topped with pines, sycamores and some breathtaking views of the whole bay from Berry Head to Thatcher rock. On a good day you can even see across Lyme Bay to Portland.
Use your finger, movement to pan around, pinch to zoom. Click the white arrows to move on and select view on Google Maps for full screen (recommended)
Even in bad weather you can enjoy this walk, when the waves are smashing against the rocks sending surf high over the colourful beach huts at the foot of the cliff.
The Roundham peninsula and headland rocks were laid down between 280 and 230 million years ago when this area was a desert. This era is often referred to as the Permian Period and the red sandstones of Roundham are the compacted particles of sand and other rocky material from that desert age.
During the summer months you can enjoy a game of mini golf here on the 9 hole Pitch & Putt course.
- Car, You can usually find free on street parking around Alta Vista Rd, Cliff Rd or Roundham Ave, if not parking is available in the nearby multi storey off Cliff Rd TQ4 6DH with 100 spaces.
- Mon-Sun 8:00am – 10:00pm
- 1 Hour £1.50
- 90 Mins £2.00
- 2 Hours £2.50
- 3 Hours £4.00
- 4 Hours £4.50
- 5 Hours £5.50
- 24 Hours £10.00
- Overnight £2.50 (Overnight: In after 10:00pm Out by 8:00am)
- Height restrictions: 1.98m.
- There are no disabled spaces.
Nearby To Do’s:
- Fairy Cove
- Goodrington Beach
- Goodrington Promenade & Cliff Gardens
- Easy walk – Surfaced paths and pavements with the option of beach section and steps. Main route accessible to wheelchair users.
Have I missed anything, Let me know below