I always use the lower ferry when travelling to and from Dartmouth, the staff are always friendly, it has great views either side and its cheaper than the higher ferry.
Use your finger, movement to pan around, pinch to zoom.
- The ferry has been transporting vehicles and foot passengers between Dartmouth and Kingswear since the 1700’s
- The Ferry is operated using a floating platform pushed along by a tug carrying up to 8 cars.
- The crossing offers lovely views of Dartmouth, Kingswear, Britannia Royal Naval College, Dartmouth Castle and the open sea.
- There are records of a Kingswear Ferry as early as 1365.
The Lower Ferry operates 7 days a week all year, apart from Christmas Day.
- Monday to Saturday Times
- First ferry from Kingswear 7:00am – last ferry 10:45pm.
- First ferry from Dartmouth 7:10am – last ferry 10:55pm.
- Sunday Times
- First ferry from Kingswear 8:00am – last ferry 10:45pm.
- First ferry from Dartmouth 8:10am – last ferry 10:55pm.
Single Journey Prices:
- Foot passengers/bicycle with rider Adults £1.50
- Children (5-16yrs) £0.50p (under 5’s, dogs go free)
- Motor car/van single ticket £5.00
- Motor car/van return ticket £8.50
- Car & Caravan single ticket £9.00
- Motorcycle single ticket £2.20
- Commercial Vehicle 1000kg-1800kg (UW) single ticket £5.00
- Commercial Vehicle 1801kg – 3500kg (UW) single ticket £6.50
(available for purchase from the ferry)
- Foot Passengers/bicycle with rider – £23.00 40 crossings
- Motor Car/Van/Commercial vehicle – £50.00 40 crossings
- Motor Car/Van/Commercial vehicle – £27.00 20 crossings
- Motor Car/Van/Commercial vehicle – £18.00 10 crossings
- Motorcycle – £16.00 20 crossings
Fleet Cards available for Businesses – £1.30 per crossing
Dartmouth Sat Nav TQ6 9AP, Kingswear TQ6 0AA.
- The ferry is fully equipped to accommodate wheelchair users and crews are there to assist.
- If you cross regularly, ask about the 40 crossing ferry saver.
Have I missed anything, Let me know below